Classes generally meet daily from 10:00am to 2:00pm. Participants will attend intense training for a period of 16-20 week sessions. Off site visits to the apprenticeship training centers are part of the program and will be arranged by OIC staff. Transportation will be provided. Light snacks and testing stipends will be available. Flexibility available upon request.
Expands career pathways and opportunities with industry-based training combined with classroom instruction.
- Academic support to develop proficiency
- Lifeskills Curriculum
- Employment/College/Career Readiness
- Preparation for Apprenticeship applications and exams
- Apprenticeship Training site visits, and occupational training experience
To provide the residents of Montgomery County with marketable skills to obtain full time employment within the various building trades and/or related industries.
- Resident of Montgomery County
- 17 to 24 years of age
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Pass standardized entrance testing with a minimum of a 9th grade level
- Positive work ethic
- No more than 3 unexcused absences
- Plumbing, Sprinkler Fitters, & Steamfitters
- Commercial & Industrial Painters, Paper Hangers, Drywall Finishers & Glaziers
- Sheet Metal Workers, Bridge, Structural & Ornamental Iron Workers
- Carpenters & Joiners JAC
- Elevator Constructors
- Heat and Frost Insulators
- Operating Engineers
- Bricklayers & Allied Craft
- Cement Mason
- Additional training/career readiness in healthcare, financial, and service industries
Now Enrolling for 2017
For more information about this program, use the contact form on the right and put" Pre-apprentice program" in the subject. You may also contact Aariann Vaughn at 610-279-9700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.