Free training program now enrolling!
Montgomery County OIC is pleased to offer free career readiness training at our Norristown and Willow Grove location! This program is available for all Montgomery County residents, ages 17 to 24. Students must possess a High School diploma or GED. If you need to obtain a GED, you can enroll in our GED training class.
Who can apply?
- Montgomery County Residents
- With a High School diploma or GED
- Between the ages of 17 and 24
How long is the training?
The training is based on a model of 24 training hours which is the minimum amount of time accepted for program completion. However, you can continue on in a number of other programs which will require more hours and will provide additional industry recognized certification. Our team will work with you to identify the best schedule for your needs.
How does this help my career?
It assists in three primary ways:
- Conducting a career assessment to begin to identify a career pathway
- Providing you with a career focused curriculum to help you meet next level training and employment needs
- Giving you the tools to be competitive in the employment process
How is the training delivered?
- Small group (cohort) instruction
- Individualized instruction to customize student's career goals and to develop career pathways
What will I take away if I complete the program?
- Career Management Skills including self-evaluating and career assessments
- Professional tools including resume and cover letter
- Effective interviewing skills
- Job search strategies and trends
- Preparing for online job search
- Workforce Readiness Certification of Completion
What if my participation is interrupted?
Attendance is taken each workshop and student participation will be evaluated on an individual basis. Accommodations within reason will be made to support the students.
What are the basic components of the program?
- Career Assessment/Pathway
- Workforce Development
- Workforce Readiness
What do I need to do to get started?
Organize documents needed to enroll and provide to the Program Director. Documents include a copy is acceptable:
- State ID or Driver's License
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- High School Diploma or GED completion documentations
If you are enrolled in the program, you will also need to provide income information. This will be discusses with you further at the time of intake.
You will also need to arrange for reliable transportation to the program site where you will be attending training sessions.
Call to Enroll
If you are interested in enrolling in our program, call the OIC office at 610-279-9700 or visit our office.